Monday 29 October 2012

Reading Response #4

A Piece Of Cake 

Author : Cupcake Brown

Pages: 80-100

   From the last reading response I wrote Cupcake went missing , but this time when she returned home she was pregnant.  I guess somewhere along the lines of her turning tricks for money  she lost her birth control that Dian ( her old foster mother) gave her. You and I both know that a 13 year old girl does not have the body structure to support a child . Between getting taken to the hospital for alcohol poising she was proven to be pregnant. They returned Cupcake  back to Dians . This leads to my first question . Why did Dian get the other foster children to beat the hell out of Cupcake when she was 6 months  pregnant? Well I actually don't have a answer . Cupcake did nothing wrong in my eyes , but I guess Dian just didn't want any other problems . She never deserved any of this , not the beatings , not the starvation , nothing. This chapter all I did was cry . Cupcake lost her baby . She is out to get Dian , but not in the way that you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment